Settle is a service made by mobile payments pioneer Settle Group from Norway. We pride ourselves on being one of the true financial services innovators, having security as part of our DNA. We have never lost money as a result of a security breach.
Settle Group is a regulated financial institution, and we guarantee that your electronic money is safe and backed 100% in our client accounts, subject to supervision by the Norwegian Financial Supervisory Authorities. Unlike banks, we are not allowed to invest, speculate or lend out your money. So we keep it safe, locked down, until you choose to spend it or transfer it to your bank account.
Settle Group has hundreds of years of collective payment, banking and technology experience through its board of directors, investors and employees. The company has been around as a financial services innovator since 2010, and has received multiple awards and honors for its technology, service and business model innovations. Here are some facts about why you are safe with Settle:
- We adhere to the strictest regulation in the European Union
- We make use of your device’s security
- We use military grade encryption
- We use multi-factor authentication for access to money
- We support biometric authentication
- We don't allow easy to guess PIN numbers
- We monitor and block suspicious activity
- We write and maintain our own code
- We pioneered running financial services in the cloud
- We make use of the security features in the card networks
- We work with academic researchers and welcome scrutiny of our security mechanisms
- We are PCI Compliant at the DSS 3.2 Level 1
- Our datacenter operations are PCI, ISO 27001, 27017, 27018, SOC 1, 2 and 3, GDPR, FIPS 140-2, TISAX, C5 as well as Privacy Shield compliant and certified